Sunday, June 17, 2007

now THAT'S fun!




What a weekend we had! All of last week was beautiful! So I expected this weekend to be a rainy flop. Little did I know that Mother Nature had something else in mind. 30 degrees on Saturday! Maelie stayed in the pool most of the day with 2 trips to the water games. Her friend Yasmeen came over for the afternoon. It was quite interesting! Mom was worn out! These 2 girls are both really bossy and so just being gentle and caring towards each other is not very common. They had fun though.



The girls got wet and then went ahead and sat in the sand to make sand castles. They both had pretty sandy bums afterwards!



Sunday, my neighbor Jacinthe and her 2 kids came over to make chocolates as an end of year present for the teacher and classmates. Her daughter is very meticulous and so she concentrated really hard at painting her chocolates beautifully. I think they mainly enjoyed popping in a few chocolates wafers! After the couple of hours spent making chocolates, Maelie and Raphael went outside. I let Maelie go outside in our yard occasionally. She just usually tries to catch bugs. Well today when I went outside, they were both sitting down and concentrating on a beautiful mud whole they dug IN.THE.GRASS! This is the grass that we had spent weeks watching patiently praying that it would grow after dumping pounds of grass seed! Well, I guess we will have to try that again. They DID find ants, according to their plan. They had fun, so I didn't say anything about the grass! Grass will grow again (most of the time) but kids will only be kids once. And if i even ask Maelie to dig in the dirt 3-4 years from now, she may just say "mom! that's gross!" So Maelie? You want to dig holes on the front lawn? What the heck. It's just grass. or lack thereof.

Happy Summer!

No comments: