4 more sleeps til Kathleen, Francis and Sandrine come for a visit! I truly *LOVE* having company. Especially my longest lasting best friend Kathleen. She and I met when we were 6 years old in first grade. 26 years later, our friendship is real and unconditional. What is very funny about Kathleen and I is that we weren't always super close cutesy friends. We always had VERY strong personalities, were always very opinionated, and very often did not know how to tolerate each others bossiness! (no offense kath). LOL but ever since we left high school, it seems that we decided we enjoyed each other. We were not *forced* to be together in a school setting any longer. The thing with Kath is that I am very comfortable with her and her whole family. How many Friday nights we spent sitting at the kitchen table playing monopoly with her very competitive dad, who could definitely NOT be sweet talked into a deal.
I find now that she and I are both moms, we can also relate on a different level. Our lives are very different, and we have grown into two extremely different people but I think we appreciate each other more than ever now. Now that I am more settled, and done roaming the land, we actually get to connect in person more than 3 times a year! and that in itself is a miracle. I am very excited about our upcoming weekend. Maelie is very excited about seeing Sandrine, she says she is her favorite baby. I have to say, Sandrine is a very pleasant little one. I know that when Kath comes, she will always be honest and straightforward if she wants to do something or not. I don't think we need to pretend with each other. and thats what true friendship is all about.
Sometimes we sit and talk about how it used to be when we are younger. Some days I am embarassed about who I was, and I guess who I was trying to pretend I was in high school. This is why I am glad Kath didn't give up on me. I am a much better person now that I used to be! :)
I am sure we will have a great time! and that the weekend will surely fly by. It's a long weekend and there are a lot of things going on in the city. Let's hope it is mainly nice outside because I want to share pool time and water games with Sandrine. But lets also hope for one partly cloudy day so we don't feel guilty going for a bit of shopping.
4 more sleeps.....!!
1 comment:
Your post comes at a time when i need it most. Thanks, Jen ...
& i can't wait to see you too ! i marvel we were able to remain friends, & i cherish it even more now. i liked you then, even the you that embarasses you, & i love you now, too. i know Sandrine will have more fun with Maelie now than at Christmas, she loves older little girls ! She's going to follow her around like a puppy ;) & Maelie will get the chance to boss her around uncondtionnally :)))
Post a Comment