Summer came by for a couple of days last week. Friday my friend Jacinthe told me they had been in their pool on Thursday. For a moment there, I thought "what? the pool?" Then I realized, it WAS 31 degrees... so perhaps it WAS warm enough. So Frdiay at the end of the day, I suggested to Maelie that we go in the pool. (pic was taken Saturday because Friday I was IN the pool) Maelie was so excited to go in, she was soaked in 2 seconds flat. I on the other hand was thinking of taking my good old time. But as i climbed the ladder, and attempted to climb down, I kinda did a side flip and ended up soaked in record time! Turns out it was not so bad.
Saturday, it was a gorgeous day. Very unfortunate that I didn't bring my camera along though because we went to Lac Beauchamp (beach). We caught tadpoles and frogs and even a little crablike thing. Maelie thought we should take the tadpoles home and have them for supper. Um... no.
Afterwards, we were heading home and I decided to check out the water games. They were opening as we drove by! We stopped and Maelie ran around a bit. You gotta LOVE the water games. I will post a picture next weekend. It was an awesome day!
Sunday, summer took a break. It was cold and rainy. That was ok because we had an indoor birthday party to attend at an indoor playground. It was fun! Lots of energy spent there, that's for sure! The party place just happened to be across the street from a movie theatre. On our way out, Maelie reminded me that the weather sucked and that I had told her when it rained we would go see Shrek 3. We ended up going to see it. It was good, not quite as good as the #1 or #2 but it had its cute moments. This is the first time Maelie lasted through a whole movie at the theatre! Last time we tried was over a year and a half ago to see Madagascar. We had lasted 20 minutes.
Another Monday is just ending.. I don't know where the time goes really. June, July and August are supposed to be quieter times at work, and so I can feel a few extra days off coming up! I think it will be a wonderful summer. Let's hope it stays for more than a day or two a week!
No comments:
Post a Comment