Saturday, May 19, 2007

Hello Kitty! Goodbye Kitty!



Yesterday, Grand-maman came to visit with Gilles and they brought a baby kitty... This kitty was to go to a work friend's house. So the kitty arrived after a long car ride, we took her out for a few minutes. Maelie cuddled her and wished we could just keep her a little longer. Maelie is so fond of cats it's crazy! She has her own little cat collection going on here. This cat is so adorable as you can see by the picture. SHe is very lively and playful... when we dropped her off at CHristines house, she immediately came out of her carrier, ate and then played in the litter box. It was adorable. She made a few kids happy last night!




SO far my moms cat Bidute has had many babies. Every time she is done raising them, my mom gives them away to whoever wants one. This is why I made this for her. It's 7 plush little cats in a basket with a little blankie. I thought it was a nice little gift :) and handmade too! I had started working on it before Christmas, and just managed to finish it last week.

This morning, my mom , Gilles and Maelie and I were out of the door before 8. We were on a garage sale mission. We went around all morning finding treasure after treasure. Before we knew it, our trunk was full. Mainly Gilles & my moms stuff. So we headed home to eat and then Maelie was off to a birthday party for her daycare friend Yasmeen who turned 5. This was the first birthday party she attended without me. I told her that now that she is 5, I don't need to stay at parties anymore. It turned out that most kids who confirmed their presence didnt eve show up. How sad. Maelie and Yasmeen had a blast though. I think that she had the best day ever! Her family was also there, but she chose to play with Maelie all day. It was adorable. By the time I went to pick Maelie up, she didn't want to come home! She wanted to stay some more. They weren't done eating and playing and opening gifts. So we just left Maelie there and went out for supper. She is exhausted right now! She has been up since 6 AM surviving on very little sleep.

Tomorrow we have another birthday party to attend and Monday is a day off. Wonderful!

No comments: