Monday, December 15, 2008

just another night....

Today Maelie and I went to the dentist. I had a filling that seemed to have come off a bit and before I got an infection, I figured I would get it fixed. Since it was at 3:45, I picked Maelie up and brought her along. The dental assistant was rather surprised when Maelie fell asleep in the chair watching me. I must admit, she is not overly nervous in the dentist's office. Thankfully she doesn't take after her dad for that!! I must admit that I nearly fell asleep as well as they were working on my tooth, being up at 4:15 am and all... Four hours later, my mouth just thawed out completely. So now I can whistle if I want to.

After supper, I decided that I wanted to try to make spritz cookies. They are always so cute in the pictures. Well I couldn't get the old cookie press to work (or I couldn't bother reading the instructions). So I simply made my own shapes with the dough.



They turned out cute anyway!



Then.... something amazing happened. I tried making Sucre a la creme for the first time in my life using a very SIMPLE recipe given to me by my friend Danie. I usually don't make candy-ish stuff because I fear the candy thermometer. Yes I admit to it... any recipe requiring the use of the thermometer sits there forever. Her recipe however required putting everything together and watching it cook for 5 minutes. I can handle that!



Well I must say, i was AMAZED. More like OH.MY.GAWD. amazed with the turnout! They tasted delicious and RICH.

I begged Maelie to taste a little crumb. She was really holding back because she doesn't like my baking that much. She is pretty particular in her tastes. I forced her to try a crumb smaller than a dime. She gave in and tried it and she immediately became hyper begging me for more! hahahaha Of course bedtime is not the time to start feeding your kid Sucre a la creme so I told her she could eat some tomorrow.

I am going to bring some to work for taste testing tomorrow. Pretty soon my colleagues will think I am trying to fatten them up for Christmas dinner. LOL No worries... we only eat lean meat.

No comments: