Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas concert


Yesterday Maelie had her Christmas concert at school. The gym pas completely packed with parents! I was way at the back! So this is the picture I got. Maelie is the reindeer at the back. The third from the left (wearing black)

These events always overwhelm me with both joy and sadness. I am happy that I can be there and wouldn't trade it with anything in the world. I also get this sadness in my heart when the little kids whose parents couldn't make it are wondering where their parents are. Some people cannot take time away from work, some people are not healthy enough to get out, and some just don't want to go see their kids more than they have to. Everyone has their reasons. But seeing their kids crying after the concert is so sad. I comforted a little girl in Maelie's class yesterday who is so sweet and innocent. This is why I find getting involved is so important. Your child needs and deserves to feel important enough for you to make an extra effort to go see them.

It was a cute concert. 2 more days of school before the Christmas holiday!

No comments: