Friday, September 5, 2008

turtle search

Maelie and I spent a few days at my moms house to attend Matante's funeral. We got to see family and had time to just reflect on the circle of life as well.

My mom lives close to an area where turtles are studied. Each birth is monitored and once recorded, the turtle is set free. We usually never seem to visit at the right time to see them. Except for this time. Apparently it is time for the turtles to hatch.

Maelie braved the wilds of the forest!



She searched high and low, on water and land for her chance to find a turtle.





She did find a cute little creature along the way!



She crossed the river to a better land!



Finally! All the work paid off... we found ONE baby turtle.


1 comment:

Edward said...

Oh how sweet! That looks like fun and like a nice reprieve from the strong emotions you all must be dealing with right now. I'm so sorry Jenn....I hope you are o.k.