Life has a way of keeping one busy. Tonight i am out of commission! :)
This weekend started out rather busy. Saturday morning I was at Maelie's school at 9 am to help out with the wine & cheese and silent auction preparations. I wasn't actually going to the event itself, but I helped out from 9 am - 2 pm, then did some running around at Grand & Toys in Ottawa for work.
Sunday morning, I was at work at 9 am to prepare binders for our Directors meetings on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday. I worked all day, then by the evening I wanted to do a bit of home baking for them, as I always do! it just wouldn't be the same without it.
So i ended up making a 6 batch of muffins (didn't calculate the liquid correctly). Then I tried a new cookie recipe, chocolate & almond. very very good if I muct say so myself. Bill and Maelie don't like them as they have almonds.
So by 10 pm last night, I was pooped! I had to get up at 4:45 this morning to be at work by 6. Everything that could go wrong this morning actually did. Well not ALL but close enough. It all worked out in the long run though, but not without draining every single ounce of energy I had left.
So tonight, I am really exhausted. And i am doing NOTHING. I promise. well almost.
There are so many things to do before the holidays. I am going to take it very easy this year. I need time for myself, and time to just stay home and relax, and perhaps clean a bit! :)
Less than a month to Christmas... almost advent calendar time.
This year instead of buying adult gifts in my family, we are donating to family members who could use the extra cash. We simply seem to have everything we need and some people have so little. I just wish i could give so much more all the time. But i do know this is a way of draining oneself...
i promise pics are coming soon! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment