
I think this is the earliest our Christmas tree has been up. I snuck it upstairs while Maelie was in the bath Saturday evening. When she came out she immediately wanted to decorate it. We had to wait til Sunday because I had to pick up a new set of lights. This time,. we got 2 200 packs so it will light up nicely.

It hasn't changed this year. Maelie bunched up all the snowflake ornaments together. She has been doing that for years! Decorating on the same branch over and over... So I usually come by discreetly and spread out the ornaments so that they cover the tree! She usually notices and asks me why I moved them. We are all for tradition in this house! heheh

Our Christmas tree is completely mix and match. We have been collecting ornaments and making some year after year. It doesn't look like one of those trees in a magazine but it really works for us because each ornament has its own history. Maelie's favorite at the moment? Q-tip snowflakes we made last year.
Some people wonder why I wanted to put it up this early this year. Well I find that if I keep it to December, I am already so busy doing things that I don't have the opportunity to just enjoy it being there. Therefore Christmas tree = stress. By having it up now, it doesn't mean holiday time will not be hectic, it just means that I will have already enjoyed the tree.
Happy holidays!
3 comments:
So's mine ! & up for the same reasons ! & also, we put it up bare & then decorated the next day ! Talk about coincidence ;)
dido here...well at least we all know that we are not crazy there are three of us is this tiny little world with sparkling lights and happy children!
Hey, your just on top of things! I think it is great that you love the holidays so much and that your tree is already up!
Post a Comment