Now what little girl does not like a tea party? This is what I was lucky enough to do this weekend. Mid-day tea party, still in our jammies after a morning of bringing down the Christmas tree and sweeping up the mess. Who knew our living room was actually twice the size it had been for the past month!
Maelie treated me to a nice tea party with the new tea set she received from Santa. It was a plain set with a bunch of paints. So she sat down and patiently painted most of the 4 settings. She was really proud of herself. We baked the China as it stated in the instructions. Apparently for the paint to set...however the paint on one of the plates is easily rubbed off. So much for permanent paint!
Does this really look like Ottawa in January? Something is wrong with this picture! There is no snow! Most people I know across the country are having weather changes. I think Mother Nature is having *issues*. Maybe it is menopause, who knows. I am still wearing my spring jacket and technically, winter is almost over. Tulips have been spotted in some places. We did have snow for a few hours today. It snowed during the night however it rained this morning. So there is nothing left. In the area where I live, our snowplows and salt trucks are just waiting to jump on the job! This morning as I left for work at 7:00 am, the snowplow had already been by and I live on a very quiet street, so that is not very common. The salt trucks are always out much before the crack of dawn as well. I cannot complain about that as it makes the roads much safer to get to work.
1 comment:
What a cute picture ! i can so picture you & Maelie drinking "tea" together :) - Kath
Post a Comment