Maelie recently decided to move back to her room. She had been sleeping in my bed for quite some time now, Bill in the guest room with his Apnea machine and Lisa in Maelie's room. One day Maelie just blurted out that she was old enough and was ready to move back to her room. We tested her for a couple weeks by letting her sleep in the guest room, while Bill moved his machine back to our room. Thankfully, it keeps him from snoring (when he keeps it on of course!). Turns out, Maelie passed the test and stayed in her bed, after getting up 1,000 time to come and give me a good night hug and tell me she loves me (I never get tired of that!).
So we ended up letting Lisa have the guest room with the Queen bed, and Maelie moved back to her pink room. Now that she was settled, we went out and tried to find a bed set that she would like so we could then choose her wall colors. She wanted many colors on her wall, but I did explain to her many times that we could keep one or two colors on her wall, and then have colorful accessories. We found a blue/green/tiny bit of purple duvet cover at Ikea. So the walls ended up..... green and blue!
We also got a blue and green carpet at IKEA, and green curtain panels at Walmart.
Lime green bedding at Walmart as well, and a long body pillow in green at IKEA. She really loved the results! Maelie and I painted it together. She did the bottom half of the wall, and I did the upper half. Bill and Lisa find it a little "too much" but the important thing is that Maelie loves it. Some days, when the sun is shining through the green curtain, I feel like our skin even turns green!! like a scene from an alien movie or something! :)
I am really proud of Maelie. She is growing up so well. She is *herself* and it not trying to be anyone else... She is who she is and that is who we love!!
On a side note... this is my 1000th post on this blog!!! Holy moly! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment