Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Amazing plant foods!

For the past 8 weeks, my eating habits have been revolving around plant-based foods. Honestly, I have been eating incredible recipes and have many new loves!!

First off, Dreena Burton has written 4 plant-based vegan recipe books. I bought all of them in the last few months and have tried SO many of her recipes!! She is awesome. Seriously!! If you check her blog, she posts some of her recipes and they are truly incredible. Just this evening, I made her Tomato Lentil Soup with Cumin and Fresh dill. It is rich and creamy and just tastes amazing!!

I recently made the Three bean salad and that was the best bean salad I've had!

I also tried this Asparagus and Potato salad yesterday from Oh She Glows. Bill loves potato salad but dislikes asparagus, so I thought I could hide it in there and he would never noticed. Well he noticed. But he ate it anyway. I must admit that this salad was also incredible. Rather addictive actually!!

Here are a few links that I check out daily and there are so many recipes I need to try out!! We don't have enough of three meals a day at this rate!

Dreena Burton's Plant Powered Kitchen

The Naked Kitchen

Fat Free Vegan Recipes

That was Vegan?

Whole food Mommies

Forks Over Knives  Forks Over Knives is also a documentary that everyone should see. I watched it and it renewed my faith that a plant based life is the way to go. I admire the doctors that do all the unconventional research. The doctors that know that pills are not the answer to everything. We don't HAVE to be sick.

How could I not mention Dr. Joel Fuhrman... I love his work! We don't need to starve ourselves to be healthy. We need to eat more. More of the healthy foods that pack a nutritional punch!!

I am sure I have a gazillion more links I could post but for now, this is it!

Not motivated to go completely plant-based? How about trying Meatless Mondays? Every little bit counts for your health!!



No comments: