Saturday, June 23, 2012

and the Summer is on....!!

How we got from June 6th to June 23rd.... I don't know!! I just plugged in my camera and transferred my photos so I could remember what happened!! So bear with me... this will be a brain dump!!

June 10th was my 37th birthday! It was a wonderful day. We spent it just outside of Montreal with my mom. We had lunch and shopped and then headed back home. :)

The week after was Father's Day. We went out to Scores the night before to avoid the crowds. Here is Maelie and her daddy.


On Sunday, Maelie made a HUGE breakfast for Bill! Potatoes, bacon, sausages, omelet, and french toast! She worked extra hard while I supervised and of course, did the dishes.



I think he really enjoyed his breakfast!!


That afternoon, Maelie's friends came over to play.


The girls went to the park and picked up some snails. Then they brought them home and made mazes for them on paper.


So adorable! :)

Monday the 18th was Sonia's bday.  We went out with her family for dinner.


 Later on that week, Maelie and I worked on the teacher's & staff gifts. I made a big strawberry with my Big Shot Pro and we put a Winners gift card inside for the homeroom teacher.


Ta-Da!


We also got some really nice drinking cups at Homesense for all her teachers and for the secretaries, lunch lady, cleaning lady.


We filled the inside with a variety of drink single. (Country time lemondae, kool aid, Crystal Light, Tang). We also got her bus driver a gift card for Tim Horton's.


Maelie ended up going to school on Monday, going on her frield trip on Tuesday, staying home due to extreme heat on Wednesday and Thursday, and going to school until lunch on Friday.

This week, I also thought it was about time to take down my Easter curtains!! I sewed some butterfly curtains for my main floor washroom .


Then I sewed some cupcake curtains for my kitchen. I love having all kinds of changing curtains with fun, playful prints. I may not be a fancy, upper class person, but I consider myself very cute & fun!


Saturday, we decided to have a small pool party to celebrate the end of school! She invited 5 friends. Of course I had to pick up fabric that went with the theme! I covered the patio table with some iced treat fabric! LOVE IT! I have extra fabric, so I think I will make my front door curtains with it. It goes with the season, that's for sure!


Since the pool party was to celebrate summer, I used my new little kit for the kids to make sundaes! Maelie chose the candies and we willed all the little cups. This cupcake set just warms my heart! It is just so cheerful and inviting :) Makes me smile!


Here are the cone bowls and a few extra candies, and of course, chocolate syrup!


When the kids arrived they played in the pool for a while.


It's always more fun on the sombrero when you have a bunch of kids !!


They also enjoyed the trampoline.


Finally burned off enough energy to come for a snack!


Each girl chose their ice cream (vanilla or chocolate or both!) and then they got to decorate it as they pleased! All I asked is that they only put stuff on it if they were going to eat it.


YUM!!


Hard at work....!


Once they all had their sundaes, they sat down on the trampoline to gobble them up!


Of course... back to the pool right after! It was getting warm in the sun!


Maelie was so happy with her pool party... she was hoping to do it again tomorrow! I think we will have a bunch of play dates this summer! :)






No comments: