Sunday, July 5, 2009

Merveilles de sable



Today was a perfect day to head out to Merveilles de sable at Lac Beauchamp. The sun was out and it was nice, but not HOT or humid. Picture above is an amateur sculpture of Gloria from Madagascar. She is gorgeous! Look at these AMAZING sand sculptures:





Maelie tried a bit of tug-of-war. A bunch of girls against one man. he gave up i think!


Maelie and Maria went in the paddle boat.



Afterwards, Maelie also got a chance to try out the kayak and she very proudly made it by herself!!




We even got a ginormous snow cone.




And I let Maelie get an air brush tattoo. Yes this was an exception as I don't usual say yes to these luxuries!!



On our way in, Maelie wanted to climb the rocks. I told her "wait til we leave, this way if you get hurt, we will at least have seen the sand sculptures!"
Here she is as queen of the world!



After we left Lac Beauchamp, Maelie was going to a bday party so I picked her up at 6:00. They weren't done so we stayed until 7:00. Once we got home, she walked in the house for about one minute, then walked out with her friend Christopher next door. They've been swimming alternately here and at his house since then.

Bedtime will be pretty soon! (hopefully!)
Tomorrow is back to reality & routine.

No comments: