Saturday, October 25, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Today was the day Maelie had been waiting for for a long time! It was her Halloween party. I planned for weeks and weeks! I read so many Halloween magazines and websites to get ideas. I made lists and tried to make a plan. I changed my mind many times! Turns out, the final plan went well, but the 3 hours went by way too fast!

I spent countless hours preparing food on Friday and Saturday. Pictured below are spider cupcakes, mini caramel apples, Spiderweb pizzas, worms in dirt, mummies, worms on a bun and spider cheeseballs. (not to forget of course a plate of veggies & dip)









I had so much fun preparing! I also prepared empty goodie bags that the kids could fill along the way as prizes were won for games.



Maelie posed before the guests arrived... a bit dramatic no?



I thought I would take a group picture before the costume pieces started coming off!


We played Pop the ghost balloon, then we built a spiderweb together and had to try and get treats without touching the web.



We ate supper, then set up to make haunted houses.



After the haunted houses, it was time to get wild and crazy with music, glowsticks and the disco ball!



As exhausted as I am , it was a blast! The kids were great, there were no problems at all. I think it was a major success! I am wondering if I will be able to sleep tonight!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How come I wasn't invited? I love halloween parties!! Your food looks delicious and fun and really cool! The kids must think Maelie has the coolest mom ever!

Anonymous said...

Looks like it was a great party ! i think the spider web game is so cool, & looks easy to set up !

Sigh. Only 5 more days until Halloween is over, & then i can start thinking of CHRISTMAS ;)