Saturday, October 4, 2008

The start of a weekend

This morning Maelie was trying to get me out of bed, but it was one of those mornings where mind & body don't cooperate! I managed to get an extra half hour. The thing that is different with Maelie than most kids is that she won't come downstairs and enjoy the freedom from parents. She is a bit scared of being left alone on a different floor of the house. So she stayed in bed and tortured me until I got up.

For breakfast, I decided I wanted toast dipped in a hot chocolate, but we had no more hot chocolate! So off we went in our jammies and our uncombed hair to Tim Horton's. Maelie needed one with whipped cream on it. What a nice way to start a lazy Saturday!



We have lots of hopes for today. Mainly filled with a few errands (getting hay for the pets, visiting Chapters for a Halloween book which I will blog about if it's worth it, and a little visit to the Bulk Barn as I have a 3$ coupon). It's a sunny day, chilly, but nice. Maelie is coughing up a lung so I assume she will need a nap later on today. So we will see where are day takes us.

No comments: