Sunday, October 19, 2008

This season brings another passion

For some reason, Maelie LOVES ice skating. She certainly doesn't get that from me because I disliked it since I was about 12.



Since grand-maman was coming this weekend, Maelie asked her to bring her skates. Thank goodness the indoor rinks are actually open!



We headed off to the rink for 7 pm last night. Maelie was determined to this skating thing down pat! She has only been skating 3 times in her life. She got on the ice, fell, got up again, and was happy the whole time. Grand-maman had to suggest breaks a couple of times, but Maelie would not have it. She stopped to rest for about 1 minute twice during the whole hour and ten minutes! She didn't complain once.



I am extremely proud of her! This is an activity I will take her to more often because she truly enjoyed it. I will remember to pack a few extra pairs of gloves though! They get wet quickly when you spend a bit of time getting up from the ice!

No comments: