Saturday, December 15, 2007

"tis the season to not be so jolly?

well yesterday, coming home from work, excited about it being Friday, my car stalled. Kaput. right in the yield of the busiest intersection in town at traffic hour. One good samaritan man came to try and help but I could tell he knew nothing about cars really. He did help me push the car off the road a little.

One thing that I found really disturbing is a man that drove by in his huge 4 X 4, put his window down and yelled "you could move it out of the road!" - um if I could move it, I would! If he had slowed down, I could have told him to come and push it out of the road for me. That's one of my pet peeve. People who are so quick to comment negatively to people, but they are the last to offer to help. There are unfortunately MANY people like that nowadays. They truly think that their little negative comment will make someones days. not.

So anyway, I was kiddie corner to a garage. So I walked over there and begged the man to come and check it out. He had to finish with a lady's wipers first but then he walked over to confirm that my car was sick. and it would have to be towed.

I called Bill to come and save me. I was trying to avoid making him come all the way out from work, but I just didn't want to disturb anyone else. I had to go pick up Maelie at the school daycare. We at least made it on time. Bill dropped us off at home and returned to work. So today, we will know the outcome. Perhaps it was just slush or ice that got in the wrong places considering the very dirty, wet, slushy conditions we had this week.

Santa, if you hear me, all i want for Christmas is a low repair bill!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So ? Did Santa hear your pleas ?