
As you can imagine, we have been pretty busy for Christmas. We went to bed at a decent time on Christmas Eve. Christmas morning began at 5:00 am.... By 5:45 Maelie couldn't help herself anymore and had to go wake up Bill. We opened up our presents. Maelie always insists that Bill and I go first.
After opening up presents, we played a bit but then got dressed and out the door we went to drive Bill to the airport. He went for a surprise visit to his moms.
Maelie and I drove to visit my folks. It was extremely quiet on the road which was nice and it was also perfect driving weather! What a blessing.
We had a great time. I thank everyone who helped make this Christmas special once again. It is wonderful to have a great family on both sides. Maelie enjoyed all of her presents. I don't like to name presents one by one. I feel like it is just way too much and I don't think it is important what she got from who. But please know that Maelie loved her presents from everyone. She was completely surprised and is playing with each item little by little. Thanks from the bottom of our hearts!
I worked on a few projects the days before Christmas. I wanted to make a few homemade treats for my side of the family and also for Bills side. (I hope the treats made it in one piece!)
We came back home yesterday and were in bed very early. We had a good nights sleep that's for sure!
Now the next few days will be for resting, cleaning and enjoying a few days off. I love it! We have no plans for the rest of the holidays season, except for last minute activities we may choose to do.
We have some cat sitting to do across the street... some of our neighbors left yesterday for Florida for almost a month and we offered to cat sit for them so that's our plans for the next month.
This is the life! :)
1 comment:
Looks like you had a very good Christmas! I think it is very sweet of Maelie to insist that you and Bill open your presents first. She is a sweet girl indeed.
Post a Comment