Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Staying up late

This past weekend, we were invited for supper at some friends' house. By 8:30 I was ready to go home and get myself and Maelie to bed (no we are not very late guests at all). When I asked Maelie to come, she said "but mom, i didn't have time to play" so I just told her that i would let her play for 5 minutes but then we would have to go. Well, long story short, one friend taught me a new card game and so 4 of us end up sitting down to play. Those 5 minutes turned to over an hour! By the time we left, it was a bit after 10. VERY late by our standards. By the time we got to bed, it was shortly after 11.

Sunday morning, Maelie woke up at 8:00, REALLY tired. Predictable after going to bed SO late. Later on that day, I told Maelie "Sweetheart, poor little thing you are so tired!"

To which she replied "Mommy, it's all your fault. You are the one who kept me up too late. You shouldn't do that. The next time, you need to get me home and ready for bed not later than 8:30 "

hmmm... I was TOLD.

When I tried to get her going, and said "well sweetie, at 8:30, I asked you to go home and you said no you were busy. Then I said 5 more minutes."

"But Mom, I don't know how much 5 minutes is, I can't tell the time. But I know that was much more than 5 minutes."

LOL, and who is the adult here?
I had to promise I would not take her out later than 8:30. I will remember this when she is a teenager....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is such a great story ! You need to keep that memorized because Maelie will never believe you once she hits her teens ! Jen, i think you need to grow up a bit & let Maelie run the house hahaha