This weekend, we had 2 kid parties to attend. This is what happens when you have lots of little friends. You are invited to party after party. Maelie wants to go to every party but there is one condition... I have to attend to. She will not go to a party on her own. She likes having her mama around just in case. It's a real good thing that I enjoy attending kids parties.
Saturday we went to Amelie's 7th bday. She was born on the same day as Lucas, my nephew, March 8th, 2000. Jacinthe (her mom) made an awesome princess/Barbie ice cream cake! It was awesome and very original. Her daughter Amelie actually was so happy when she saw it that she started crying! I have never seen a 7 year old so happy that they cried. It was so sweet.

It was made with strawberry ice cream. The insides had vanilla ice cream and cookie crumbs. She may be getting an order for Maelie's bday...!
This is what it looked like on and off all day Saturday.
Friday we had a snowstorm, so I went to work by 6:45 AM. Everyone left early all it was really bad outside. My boss never suggested that we leave early so I stayed until my usual 4 pm. By 4, the storm had stopped, the snowplows had done their work and the roads were better than they had every been. As a bonus, there was about one quarter of the usual traffic! I got to the sitters in record time!
Sunday we went to Matheo's party. He turned 4 years old. He is one of Maelie's daycare friends. She actually loves this little boy a lot. You gotta admit, he is pretty darned cute..

Maelie was very excited about his party. Last night she took out her party dress, and this morning, by 7:15, she had her princess dress on, pink tights and pink shirt. She was very anxious to go. Thank goodness it was an early 10 AM party as opposed to an afternoon one!
Here she is playing musical chairs with the other kids. They had a good time and it was all in fun and not too competitive. They had a pinata, snacks and cake so all in all it was a fun time!
I am a bit disappointed in my camera. When I take pics indoors, it doesn't work as well as I would like it too. Many of my pictures end up blurry. Perhaps it has something to do with me taking pics of young , moving objects such as kids all the time. I really think I need to look for something more efficient. On eof the parents at the party seemed to have a camera that was rather efficient. I don't want all of Maelie's memories to be blurry when she gets older! Goodness! I will look into it.
In the meantime we are still enjoying our little Baby Chinchilla. She is fun to have around. Very quiet during the day that's for sure. I tried to take a picture of her when she is taking her sand bath. Here she is rolling around in it.
And here she is sitting up in her sand bath.
Ya gotta love such a cute little creature !
Anyway, March break is here, and so schools are closed next week, and our sitter is as well. Bill will be staying home all week with Maelie. I will prepare my list of things to do for the house-husband! I know I will quickly get used to him staying home. Things to look forward to when he eventually retires! Groceries, cleaning, laundry, etc! :) I can't say I will depend on him for meals though.. there are only so many frozen perogies and Kraft dinner that one can eat.
Hopefully I will get to update this site a bit more this week :)
No comments:
Post a Comment