Wednesday, March 21, 2007

in bed

I was reading Dooce this morning as I do every week or so now due to lack of time. Today she was mentioning her daughters bedtime habits.

Maelie has been in her big girl bed for 3 years now. One thing I am proud to say is that once we tuck her in bed, she doesn't get up. That is a good thing you would think. Except that, she will not get up to go to the bathroom until i have said "OK". She will yell from her room at any time of the night "Mom, i need to pee". to that, i need to reply "well go." otherwise, she will not budge and she will yell louder and louder until i respond. Good thing I am a light sleeper when it comes to Maelie.

Another thing that happens occasionally as well is:

Maelie makes a bit of noise in her bed.
"Maelie, go to sleep!"
"But mom, I can't. Nosekiss fell out of bed!!!!!!!" (yes, dramatic)
"um, well just go pick him up."
"oh. i can get up? but i thought i couldn't get out of my bed"
"well if you drop something or need to go pee, you can get up."
"oh. i didn't know that."
She then gets up and picks up the dropped stuffed animal.

This is repeated any time a stuffed animal falls down. I don't have to get out of bed. But i have to give her permission to pick it up! and she acts as surprised everytime when I tell her she can get up to go pee or to pick the animal up.

SO i am proud to say that i never had to fight with her to stay in bed! :)

No comments: