Monday, March 12, 2007

Beautiful day



Sunday was a totally gorgeous, perfect day! We started off pretty lazy though. Maelie didn't want to get dressed or go out, so who was I to force her! Deep down I wanted to stay in my jammies too! So we stayed in, relaxed, and then had a tea party for lunch. Spaghetti and oranges. Yum! :) Maelie played a few magic tricks and made her oranges disappear. There is still no trace of them...

In the mid-afternoon, the guilt set in as I watched the sunshine outside. I figured we needed to get out and take advantage of Mother Nature's good mood. So we went out for a bit, drove to one of my favorite dollar stores. We then went to Toysrus for a brief visit and to try all the bikes. Maelie never tires of trying the bikes in that store.

Once we got home, we took out Maelies old bike and she drove around in the driveway for a good hour. The sun was warm and everything was melting. Let's just hope this is it... spring is here. I *SO* miss spring! I think in my old age I am starting to have such a hard time with winter!

Spring break is over on the Quebec side this week, yet it is only starting on the Ottawa side. So Maelie goes back to daycare today. I think she missed her friends a bit. This week we tried to cut her nap out so she would sleep more during the night. Well, as a mom I have learned that my plans don't always work.

In this picture we just got back from the restaurant one day this week. Maelie was SO exhausted to the point that she was giddy. She just laughed and laughed and laughed. She was laughing so hard she just dropped to the ground and was unable to get up! Maybe nap time isn't quite over yet :)

Happy Monday...!

No comments: