Monday, May 18, 2009

Don't you love Queen Victoria?


I love anyone who allows you to have a paid day off! Today is Victoria Day.
Maelie and I went to the wave pool and had a great time! We spent 2 and a half hours riding the waves and swimming! How exhausting! Maelie also went down the big slide !

I must honestly say, as an overweight person, a lot of times, people stare when I walk around in a bathing suit. Good thing I am comfortable with who I am! One thing I remind myself when I see parents sitting at the side of the pool staring while I am in the pool with Maelie is that... at least I am making an effort and I am active with my child. I could sit at the edge of the pool and be self conscious and not participate, but I know that these memories will stay with Maelie and if she is ever teased about having an overweight parent, well I was always very involved in her life and she was never deprived because of my weight. This is a message I would love for all overweight people to understand. Don't let society drag you down! Be active, be involved, prove to yourself that you can do anything!

Moving on... I couldn't take any pictures of our fun afternoon because we were not allowed cameras in the pool area! But I did take a picture of Maelie by the river. We stopped on our way through Rockcliffe Parkway.



What a BEAUTIFUL day off!!

2 comments:

Samantha said...

I've been reading for a couple of weeks(feedjit ottawa, hope you don't mind) and wanted to say hi. This post struck a nerve. I agree. people always scrutinize others while they sit by the pools edge and watch so to speak. Good for you for jumping in with your daughter. She will remember these times. besides the wave pool is so much fun. lol.

Kath said...

Great post, Jen ! i think Samatha hit the nail on the head with her comment, i agree totally.