Sunday, April 22, 2007

wow, explicit means EXPLICIT

This week, Maelie decided she enjoyed "girlfriend" by Avril Lavigne. She heard it on the radio and it is very catchy of course. The song says "Hey, you, i don't like your girlfriend". Maelie said "mom, thats not very nice." so she modified it to "hey you , i like your girlfriend". Bill got a copy on the net and so I didn't think twice when i saw "explicit" on it beside the title. I figured, how bad can it be? well... OH.MY. i was rather shocked by the words in there!!

As we were listening to the song, Maelie says "Mom, this really sounds like Michelle". So there you go Michelle... your sister thinks you sound like Avril Lavigne!


A colleague at work asked me to make her some chocolate. Her daughter has 5 administrative staff and this upcoming week being Administrative Professional weeks, she wanted to give them a little something. So she just trusted me to make something nice. This is what I came up with:



I find them really cute! They are terra cotta pots and they are stuffed with 6 chocolate flower suckers. One of the has Thank you written on it and a bird with flowers. I was really impressed with how they turned out!

So this week, make sure sure you that that administrative person that helps you out all the time!! :) I myself am admin staff and I will make sure i recognize my colleagues. We all work together and make a great team :)

Happy Administrative Professionals Week!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First, concerning the song - i came to the same conclusion when i heard it, it is such a teeny bopper song with unecessary language.

For the chocolates, WOW, nice idea ! i don't know what i should do, i always think it's the big bosses that should recognize it's Admin day, not a fellow Admin. But it would be a nice gesture to give them something ! Maybe i'll make them cupcakes like i made for Sandrine ! It's Wednesday, right ?

Anonymous said...

Yeah the actual DAY is wednesday, but it is also considered the whole week now :) i figure... why wait for big bosses to come up with something... :) we may as well recognize each other! another reason to party....