Sunday, March 9, 2014

March not-so-break

The March break started off with Maelie going for a sleepover at a friend's house. She came home and wasn't feeling that well. Her friend's sister had the stomach flu... so that's what happened to Maelie Sunday night! I am really afraid of puking. I hate it with a passion!! SO out came the cleaning products. I bleached the washroom SO many times for the next 2 days. I used hertel with bleach to wash the toilet after every single use. I sprayed Lysol to kill germs and Javexed the toilet and floors. I was determined to NOT get the stomach bug!!


By the time the germs were all out of the house,  realised that perhaps I should have worn gloves... I washed my hands SO often and of course had all kinds of harsh chemicals on them... so I literally burnt my hands!! I ended up with stinging skin, and the got a crusty layer on both hands. The picture doesn't do it justice! It was horrible. Hopefully I didn't permanently harm myself!!


We babysat Peluche at the end of the break. He is a fun distraction to have around, though he keeps us close to home. He seemed to take a liking to one of Maelie's fish! He didn't want to give it back!


I took Maelie shopping on the weekend since that is what she is into right now. It also compensated for the days where she did nothing during the break!! We managed to find some good sales and she was extremely happy :)

The March Break came and went and now we are just starting to think of Maelie bday in April... and the grad plans for June!!

No comments: