This weekend we drove out to Quebec to celebrate Jacinthe and Pascal's wedding. I met Jacinthe when Maelie was just a bit more than 1 year old. We both lived in Winnipeg and she had a home daycare. Maelie went to her home daycare for a few years. Afterwards she moved away but we kept in touch. Fast forward a couple years, we both ended up living in the same city again! I would not have missed her wedding for anything! :) Jacinthe is a wonderful friend, easy going, and loving. She truly cares about her friends and family. I am SO happy that she pulled off a wonderful, simple, personal wedding! Here she is , ready to walk down the aisle with her dad.
The kids all had a job at the wedding, and they all looked gorgeous!
Ready to walk down the aisle!
The newlyweds!!
Myriam and her dress :)
It was raining before we entered the church and the sun was shining as we walked out! It was quite chilly though. This is Maelie after the ceremony in front of the church.
Party time! Yes... that is a weird style for a wedding. Maelie had to wear her air cast. She should have it for about 6 weeks.... Not the trendiest !!
These are the wedding favors Jacinthe and I worked on for weeks prior to the wedding! We made the boxes a while back with the help of her niece and Amelie. Just last week we made the 1,320 chocolates to go inside the boxes! There were 3 little chocolate brides and 3 little chocolate grooms in each box.
This is what happens when your daughter borrows your camera for a minute for very important pictures!!
My camera let me down though... the settings were somehow now right (even on automatic) and I ended up with a ton of blurry pictures. When things like that happens it breaks my heart because I can't have the same even again to retake the pictures!! I am pretty sure the photographer didn't have the same bad luck... so he will have memories of the whole day to share!!
The weather was beautiful the next day, and driving in the forest was amazing! I took the side roads coming home because the trees were just shining brightly in red, yellow and orange!! I really should have stopped to take picture of the scenery... but that is not always easy with a 10 year old at the back !!
I should be back to a normal posting schedule now! Hopefully!! We've spent so much time getting Maelie's foot looked at ... between doctors, orthopedist, orthodontist, dentist.... there is no time left at the end of the day!!
But now... Halloween prep is in full gear! If I want to pull off Maelie's Halloween party once again, I have to work hard!! Have I mentioned how much I love Pinterest??? So many ideas on there!! I will post some soon...








No comments:
Post a Comment