Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Halloween invitations!

Maelie's party invites were inspired by Martha Stewart this year! I saw some severed fingers at Michaels and thought it would be perfect! Maelie invited 12 friends (you only see 11 because there's a set of twins in there!) All girls this year.... I think it will be a CRAZY time. Lots of energy in that bunch. Especially when they are together. What was I thinking!!??


A closer blurry look of the box... I didn't feel like taking another pic. :)


I wanted to buy the box premade but logistically, it was impossible for me to head out to my favorite packaging store to pick some up on time to get these done!! So I just measured it in my head and made a simple box. It turned out great! That orange part is just to block out address and phone number, it's not actually part of the invitation. Some fingers have the Razzleberry colored ribbon... and other have orange.


I added a bit of fake blood where the plaster finger ends, and ta da! A nice cut off finger for Halloween! The ribbon on the finger reminds us not to "forget" the Halloween party!


I can't believe it is just a week and a half away though!! Not sure I will make it !! Then again, I'm sure I say that every year and everything ends up working out fine!!

No comments: