Saturday, July 21, 2012

New fishies & fingerprints

After weeks and wekks of waiting for our aquarium water levels to be perfect, we were able to go out and get 3 new fish and a cleaner fish (the one that sucks the dirt off your windows!) Maelie was ECSTATIC. She loves choosing them and naming them.


Here they are getting ready to go in with the others.


We ended up having to return one as he was way to agressive towards our little "Swimmy" and it created a really tense atmosphere in the aquarium. We replaced him with a tiny red guy. I figured that a tiny guy like that would not be a bully! Thank goodness! Peace has returned to the casa de la Maelie's fish.


Yesterday, Maelie went for a play date at Jacinthe's house and spent the day in the pool! Then, Naomie came over around suppertime and the girls swam for quite a while again.... and ended up making some fingerprint pictures for the rest of the evening! You can totally see Maelie's incredible tan in the following pictures!


They used a book we got for Maelie for Christmas I think. It's called Ed Emberley's Complete Funprint Drawing Book.  As you can tell by the pictures below... they are fun to make!  I took this picture while Naomie was in the washroom and by the time she got out I had put my camera down... hence why she isn't in the pics!


The book shows you step by step how to make animals and other cute pictures! Here is Naomie's sheet.


Maelie kept on going a little after Naomie left. She seemed to really be enjoying herself! Thankfully they used Stampin' Up ink that was water based so it washed off easily :) I love the little bees and the mouse holding balloons! So cute!

No comments: