
After the minute of slience, the kids went up on stage from each grade and taped their wreaths made with hands of poppies. One child just lost his great grandpa a month ago. This great-grandpa had fought in WW2. His mom had printed a picture of him to bring to the ceremony. Maelie's classmate was so proud to hang it up on the wall so we could remember him and his service as well. He has a smile when he came down from the stage.
It was quite touching to see them hang up their wreaths. My heart is always very sensitive when I think of all the servicemen and servicewomen who gave their lives in the war, and other missions, to help us live a better life. Who knows what would have happened if they didn't do what they did!
Every time I hear of a fallen soldier, it breaks my heart for their loved ones. They never get to say goodbye, never get one last hug. When I see a veteran, I can't help but feel some sadness for them as they probably had to leave some of their friends behind when they returned home.
Maelie decided to pose beside their class wreath.
Here is Maelie with Major Lemyre. To us, he is a friend, but to Canada, he is a serviceman, a hero! Thank you for your service !

I really hope you had a chance to remember on 11/11/11. I know we did.
No comments:
Post a Comment