Saturday, April 10, 2010

Maelie's Bowling Birthday Party

Maelie's day started off with bowling and ended with bowling!

This morning she got her "Bowler of the year" award! She is playing in a tournament next week for the provincials!



In the afternoon, she hung out with Tristan in hopes that time would fly by. Her party was at 4.



We headed out to the bowling alley at 3 to get everything ready. Here is the table where we were going to sit and have hot dog, fries and cake!



We set up Maelie's bowling toss game.



The 10 kids played one game. Maelie scored 247! She really wanted to impress everyone!



Of course we need the group picture!



We also need the silly group picture!



The kids were very thirsty and hungry after the game! We had awesome service!



Smile!!



Here was a little cupcake tower with bowling picks I found at Artistic cake & design in Ottawa.



Here is Maelie and her INCREDIBLE bowling cake made by Natalie!! (THANK YOU!!)



Maelie got the cutest card!!



She was showered with amazing gifts from her friends!! She was spoiled rotten again!



Once we were done, the kids played a bit of bowling toss again. I hope we didn't take over too much of the bowling place!



The kids each had a goodie bag on their way out with lots of things to discover!! I love every second when I prepare goodie bags! I love to spoil the kids!



I must add a few credits:

Thank you to my amazing amazing amazing friends Natalie and Maria!!! They spent the whole time there with me helping non stop! Looking back, I have no clue how I would have done it without them! Thanks ladies!!! You are awesome!

Natalie, thanks for the countless hours you spent with me for the invitations and the cake!!!

Thank you as well to Salon de Quilles le Carrefour in Gatineau. The owner Don is a wonderful generous man. He shows kindness and patience with the children. Diane who was making our meals and who is like the mother of the place. She is such a nice lady to Maelie and to all the kids!! You feel like you are part of her family. and a special thank you to Mathieu, who is a coach to Maelie but also stood in today when they were short staffed. He helped us with the meals and drinks and even took a few minutes to help Maelie out with her technique. That guy is SO kind, friendly, interesting and sweet! He is seriously amazing with the kids. I seriously could not ask for a better place to go with Maelie!

Maelie would like to buy the bowling alley. She is saving up her money! I told Don he may not get to retire until he is 200 yrs.

Thanks to everyone who helped Maelie's birthday be a success! I seriously don't think I could be surrounded with more caring people!!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Wow!! What a day! I am so glad all the pictures turned out! That was such an amazing party Jennifer!! I know the kids LOVED it. Thanks for giving so much of yourself and sharing all your amazing talents with everyone. One mother I was speaking to at the party thought you were simply the nicest person she has ever met and I agree!!!

Shannon said...

Happy Birthday Maelie...the day looks to be a blast! Jenn you are an awesome Mom...you should be proud!

Love Shannon Chase and Chloe

Kath said...

Looks like Maelie & the gang had loads of fun ! What amazing memories these will be for Maelie when she turns 30 & wonders where have all the parties gone to :)