Wednesday, June 24, 2009

recap of vacation day 2 - Vacation day 3

Yesterday was mainly spent at Maelie's school for the last day. I still cannot believe it was the last day! A lot of kids were missing from school since on Monday, we learned there was a case of Swine Flu at the school in an older grade. A lot of parents kept their little ones home. They disinfected the whole school on Monday so I wasn't worried. I wasn't going to let Maelie miss the last day! :)

After school, most of the time was spent doing this:



Maelie had supper with her friend Christopher (neighbor) and then Tristan came over for a sleepover. By 6:45, Maelie asked me if they could go to bed. She was EXHAUSTED! At 8 pm, they climbed into their respective beds, and I headed for a nice relaxing bath! By the time I came out at 8:45, they were sound asleep snoring away. Gotta love kids who don't argue about bedtime!!

Today is St-Jean Baptiste Day here in Quebec. So anyone who works in Quebec is off. Those who live on this side of the river but work on the Ottawa side are not off. They get a day in August instead, which I don't. More things are closed in Quebec than on any other holiday!! Even on Canada Day, the grocery stores are open. but not today! Then again, if we need anything, we can just go across the river.

Environment Canada is still calling for gorgeous sun today and 31 degrees.



This may actually be it for the gorgeous weather during my vacation, so please don't get all jealous! :)

Today our plans are not really formed yet. I was thinking of all the possibilities! We could go to the beach, find some St-Jean festivities, stay home and swim, etc... Now that Maelie is off as well, she can sleep in, which is awesome!

No comments: