Monday, March 2, 2009

Stampin' up party!

Yesterday I had a Stampin' up party at my house. i was SO excited. I had been looking forward to this for WEEKS and WEEKS! Thise who know me know it's very hard to wait weeks for something!

Many people ended up cancelling and so I got nervous thinking no one would show up. I can't help being sensitive about these things, and so I was almost in tears before Tracie arrived! But finally, 4 people came. They didn't know each other so that made it interestig too! Thank you Jacinthe, Lorraine, Natalie and Nathalie for coming! oh, and Tracie my demonstrator.

I seriously had a very, VERY good time! I don't often do things for ME. Usually all my activities revolve around Maelie. So this was very nice!

Here are the projects we did:



One was "Just buzzin' by to say " and inside i stamped "have a honey of a day". Everyone seems to love these cute little bees! For added pizzazz, we put a lot of glitter on the little wings and the flower. This project was customizable with other sayings if you don't like the one in the set. For example, Jacinthe made the card but used a french text. Other just used the "have a honey of a day " part.



Next was a card i love using my favorite stamp set! "flight of the butterfly" It is obviously an item I ordered! You can't see it on this card, but the set comes with 3 little text stamps that curl! I love it!




Lastly, we made a little box. This box was die cut with the Big Shot Sizzix machine (on my WISH list!) There are many many die cuts that come with the machine so you can make big shapes, top notes, baskets, etc etc....

We stamped the box before folding it up with a stamp set that i wasn't really attracte to, but once put all together with the box, I kinda like it. On it there is a curly label with thank you, but there are so many other tags you can use for different occasions! Inside, the guests put some of my homemade chocolates to take home with them! :) Even grown ups end up with loot bags...er... boxes at parties!

Anyway, i had SUCH a good time and am so excited to sit down with my loot when it comes it!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Next time, hold this thing in Val-d'Or why don't you ;) Seems you are making loads of goodies ! i imagine Easter this year at your house with no chocolate at all, but LOTS of cards & stamps hehehe

Anonymous said...

actually i enjoy mixing the paper crafts AND the treats! wait til you see what i have up my sleeve!

Anonymous said...

I will now be expecting fancy cards for all occasions!! And a box of chocolates for my birthday.... no pressure.