Sunday, August 10, 2008

a tiny taste of summer

Saturday started out absolutely gorgeous! It was sunny, and becoming warm. Maelie had a friend over to play until about 2. At the end of the afternoon, we had horrible rain again!



I can't believe they had the guts to go in the pool! It was at 68 ! That would cause my heart to stop if I went in.

After supper, we decided to go to the Lumiere Festival. I didn't even know it existed, but I was told it's a magical evening with entertainment, fairies, dragons, knights, and a lot of other costumes. Most importantly, there were candlelit lanterns everywhere. So Maelie got dressed up as a fairy and we made a lantern out of a juice bottle and a fake Christmas candle. It turned out great! It was also much safer than having a real candle.



We arrived before dark. There were lanterns EVERYWHERE. Unfortunately a lot of them had been hit by the rain and so they were soggy. They were lit up only later when it was closer to dark.

We got to see three fairies dancing around and telling fairy secrets...



This is one of the huge creatures walking around. Maelie's favorite was the second one. He asked her if she had seen the dragon. He was going to slay it. But said he forgot his sword at home.





There was the dragon!



The festival was completely saved by a beautiful peaceful evening. No more rain, no wind. Just peace.



Maelie was getting tired so we called our chauffeur Bill to come get us. Since it was just past 9, and I knew Maelie really wanted to see the fireworks again, Bill dropped us off in the casino parking lot where we just walked to a good spot. They started just after 9:30.

Poor Maelie was really tired, but she SO wanted to stay. (with her fake Christmas candle in tow, now out of the lantern)



I think we have had out share of fireworks this year!!



Needless to say, it's 8:23 am now and she is still sound asleep in bed. Probably dreaming of out next adventures.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a fantastic weekend ! We didn't have the sunniness of your place, unfortunately. Did ya catch any toadstool fairies that hang around toadstool patches ? :)