Sunday, September 1, 2013

Hot Air Balloons - a tradition!

Maelie and I decided to chase the hot air balloons this evening! They didn't have that many up at the same time (some years we see 20++). I think there were between 12-15. We chased them all the way outside of Aylmer! To the point where I didn't know where I was! LOL but that's always the fun part of the adventure. You drive along and watch them... then you see a chaser van and follow them since they MUST know where they are going :) hheehe



We managed to see a few landing in a field!


A farmer's field to be exact...


Maelie had her camera with her as well snapping away!


As they were landing, pretty far in the field, one of the chasers asked me if I knew if there was an open entrance to the farmer's field.... I had no clue! It was fenced up all around. Not sure how they would handle THAT! Getting the vans to the balloons must be the most challenging thing at times!


We had a fun time! as usual :) We love doing this every year, it never gets boring!! I will enjoy it while I can because soon enough, I am sure Maelie will not find the same things fun & exciting :) Hopefully I have a LOT of years left chasing hot air balloons with my baby girl!! :)

No comments: