Monday, August 13, 2012

A week away

On Friday, July 27th, we drove up to grand-maman's house, but only to drop off Maelie and drive back home alone on Monday morning at the wee hours! I don't have any pictures from the week she was there alone as I am usually the one taking pictures!! Maelie went for an overnight stay at grand-papa and Lucie's house as well and she enjoyed herself a lot.

Here are a few pics of the weekend while I was still there. Saturday morning was breakfast by the campfire... yum yum!


We also went out to the farm to try and get some chickens!

We met Miss Piggy who was adorable! She was wagging her tail, really happy that she had someone to pet her! How I wish we could take all of them home to cuddle and love..... !!

We had to go to a second farm as the farmer at the first one was away for the weekend and Maelie could certainly not wait that long for her chickens!! LOL

She chose 3 baby chickens and hugged the box so tightly... she was in love!

Maelie and grand-maman built some perches for the chickens to rest on.

Here is Maelie hard at work with her tools!

Johnny the rooster immediately tried the perches!

I didn't do so much of the chicken work... i hung out in the kitchen making meals for us all! Here are the yummy spring rolls I made for grand-maman!


We had a few extremely hot days so we spent some relaxing time in the river.

ahhhhhhh..... how nice!


Maelie managed to get a bunch of clams. She prepped them and fed them to the racoons!


Monday, as mentioned earlier, I headed back home. I left at 4h15 am and headed straight to work! I spent the week all by my lonesome! No baby by my side!

Friday after work, I rushed out to be reunited with Maelie. As soon as I arrived, she had a lot to show me! First stop was the chicken coop.

Ta-da! She built this ramp for the smaller chicken to be able to walk up!

In the evening, and sometimes even earlier, we got to see the hungry racoons drop in and eat whatever food we had out!

Hey, leave some for me!


Maelie added a few scoops of dog food to keep them satisfied!

Um.... what happened here? Note the racoon upside down on the birdfeeder!!

My little sweetheart!

She was also proud to show me that she could start the ATV by herself, take it out of the shed and....

.... even take me for a spin in the woods! I didn't have to do anything... just sit back and relax!!

I am sure grand-maman got lot of rides during her week alone with Maelie!

No comments: