Saturday was the day for canning beets! The safest person to can anything with is Jacinthe. She is so concerned with bacteria and canning that believe me, I will have the safest beets in the world! LOL
She had tons of beets in her garden and I also added a 10 lb bag from the grocery store. We boiled them up in her "presto" and then cut them up. The pots had been cleaned, heated and sterilized and were sitting in a hot over when I got there. All the pots were reheated after filling with boiling hot vinegar and sugar.
Don't they look so beautiful?
It's quite satifying to see this bounty of beets! and hearing pop after pop - the sound of the lid sealing the beets in!
I cherish the purple hands that I ended up with! It's a sign of our hard work on a chilly afternoon on October 1st :)
No comments:
Post a Comment