Saturday, January 2, 2010

Long time no update!!

It's been a while since my last update, mainly because we have been so busy!!

My mom came for a visit with Linda on the 28th. When my mom comes she enjoys when I take her to specific stores she doesn't have back home: Michaels, Chapters, Bulk Barn. Those are pretty much my usual. Since Linda was there, and my mom was open to a more unique shopping experience, I brought then all over! We visited Pritchard's packing (drool), Party packagers (drool), Home Outfitters, Artistic Cake and Design, etc etc etc! I lost track!! We had a wonderful time.

Maelie was in charge of the soup with her new slap chop.



We decided to have Linda & Maelie pose together. Linda is a wonderful family friend! Maelie loves when she is there because she plays with her... this time they played Mario Kart on the Wii! Linda is pretty good! I can't say the same thing for my mom and Mario kart though....



Maelie loves her grand maman! She is surrounded by so many people who love her a lot, what a blessing!!



Maelie drew a picture of her favorite sport on her blackboard:



On New Year's Even we went to Lac Beauchamp for a bit of sliding. The snow was just falling so perfectly!! It was quite the winter wonderland!




After returning home, we had a Skype chat with Grandma and Cindy. Maelie made then a card and opened it up while chatting. The joys of technology!



On the New Year, we headed off to the airport to get Bill! They have a huge tree in the same spot every year.



Maelie was qatching the escalator waiting for her daddy to pop out!!



What a happy moment! Of course when she saw him and ran to hug him, someone stood in front of my camera! So i got this as a picture after ! Nothing beats the initial meeting!



I love watching people greeting family and friends at the airport! I was actually teary-eyed today when I saw one family. It was really moving.

Maelie was of course a little chatterbox on our way home! She was really happy to have her family together. She really wished her sisters were there though! She misses them like crazy!

We enjoyed a quiet afternoon and went out for supper. It was quieter than expected in the restaurant! Hardly anyone!

I fell asleep before Maelie and Bill. I was just so pooped! Of course I am the only one up though at 5 am the next day :)

Now that Christmas and New Year's day are over.. it's time to focus on a fresh start! The start of another wonderful, fun filled year.

Happy 2010 everyone!!

1 comment:

Kath said...

Happy New Year to you too, & your whole family ! Hope the new year doesn't bring sprinkles for Victoria Day :P