Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A candlelight flop

Last night, being a nice mommy, I decided to surprise Maelie and set up a candlight bath! I set up about 5 or 6 candles in the washroom, lit them and then got in the tub. I called Maelie to come join me. When she arrived in the washroom she was traumatized! She said "what are you trying to do? kill me? Don't you know this is very dangerous mom?"

I tried to explain to her that it was ok to have some small candles when there is a grown up there to monitor. She kept arguing with me and would hardly even step in the washroom. She blew out the one closest to the door. She kept watching the others and refused to get in. I got lecture after lecture after lecture as to how I was putting our lives in danger and this was no fun. She ended up blowing ou 3 others. The one left on the toilet seat was very small and so she left it on as she tried to get in the tub. She saw a hidden one on the side of the tub and blew it out immediately. So now, there was only one left. She got out of the tub, blew it out and turned on the big light.

"Ah, now we are safe." and she got in the tub. So much for my plan!

No comments: