Sunday, September 16, 2007

Music to my ears

Today Maelie and I headed off to the Family Music fair at the University of Ottawa. I guess they are trying to attract young kids to play classical music. It was quite interesting for Maelie to try various intruments. She definitely has a lot of air coming out of her lungs. I think it the Oboe (hautbois in french... who knew!) that kids had a hard time getting to sound like something, but she got a BIG sound out of that one! She actually surprised the people around her. She was especially proud of herself because the child before her, who was about 9 years old or so, was not able to get a peep out of that thing!I didn't get a picture because i think at that point, my camera lens must have shattered! :)



She really enjoyed the violin as well. A few of the windows in the building cracked... but I am sure all is ok now. :)

There was entertainment such as shows (bagpipes, japanese drumming, junkyard music, etc...), facepainting, entertainers on stilts, and even gelati... :) who could resist.



We had a great time. It was a nice way to spend a Sunday morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A "nice" way to spend Sunday morning ? Wow, much more like incredible way ! Wish we had those kinds of activities here in our very little town. (Oh, i bet you never realized "Il est ne, le divin Enfant, Jouez, hautbois, resonnez, musettes...")